- “You up?”
- “1/2 Interesting puzzle would be can you comprehend the presentation slides if you replace ‘brand’ with ‘Brad’ and flash”
- “2/2 … subliminal stills of Brad Pitt shirtless in Thelma and Louise.”
- Quote attributed to Proust that’s really Pitbull paraphrased
- “wine (red), papaya, two baguettes, shaving cream, whatever else you think we need”
- A question about how your departmental budget works over there
- Cartoon Ann Telnaes tweeted earlier, RT’d with #hrmph
- Photo of tone-on-tone leaf pattern in the carpet, run through an Instagram black-and-white filter with hashtag #bored
- “We’re at lunch. Is it bad to order the coconut shrimp? Will that draw attention?”
- “We’re curling. Seriously.” W/photo
- A cry for help
Exhausted. Exhausting day. Exhausting evening. Wiped out. Depleted.
One minute, I’m writing about a survey of CEOs on staffing problems. The next, trying to identify an early Christian martyr who, when tortured, felt no pain for a lead-in to a story about a professor’s forthcoming book with the delicious title Divine Analgesia.